VLC LrcView extension
This is a Lua-based extension for VLC 2.x showing lyrics from external files (.lrc or .txt) matching the input filename.
It is meant as a replacement for the old Winamp WinLyrics plugin.
To install, download the lrcview.lua file in the "/lua/extensions" VLC subdir (e.g. for Linux is "$HOME/.local/share/vlc/lua/extensions/"), then activate from the "View" menu.
You can customize the external scripts invoked in the very first lines of the code, some example scripts are provided below.
- shows both non-synced and synced lyrics
- jump to the selected line
- copy selected lines to the clipboard with an external script
- transliterate lyrics to another alphabet with an external script
- translate lyrics to another language with an external script
- user setting to hide the time tags and the translate/transliterate buttons
- look for lyrics in a custom user-defined path
- Unix-like and Windows OS support
- fix current line display (WIP, possible solution: on-the-fly conversion to SRT, need to port this Python script)
- load lyrics from remote files (WIP)
- autostart the extension (not supported currently by VLC)
- jump to the selected line with double-click (not supported by VLC?)
- fix freezes with the VLC skin2 interface (a VLC bug?)
Not-TODO: (do not ask for these)
- load lyrics from internal ID tags (not supported by VLC?)
- fetch lyrics from a website (use the musiXmatch extension for that, or download the lyrics manually)
download the latest version: lrcview.lua
download external scripts (optional):
pbcopy pbcopy.bat (for copy to clipboard)
translate translate.bat (requires curl and an internet connection to Google Translate)
transliterate transliterate.bat (requires uconv, for better Japanese support grab jakaroma)
To support my projects you can view the ads on this page or buy something from me.